Bell Tower

Duomo di Monza

The bell tower of the Cathedral (the Duomo of Monza) was erected between the 16th and 17th century. It is 78 metres high and was built according to the designs of Ercole Turati between 1592 and 1620: sculpted in the medallions decorating the belfry are the Lamb on the book of the seven seals, the Hen with seven chicks, the Mitre and pastoral staff, the Iron Crown and the Cross of the Kingdom.